Canada and Television – level 2
In the past, theater entertainers wanted their work to be popular to all people. With TV shows and movies, companies want their work to be popular all across the world.
The USA is famous for its TV shows, but an analytics company saw that Canada makes the most shows that are the most globally famous. The genres that are the most popular are drama and children’s programs. These shows are also in English, as many people like if they are in English and do not have subtitles.
Originally, Americans made shows in Canada. Now more Canadian shows are winning awards. Canadian companies are making more of their own shows.
Difficult words: analytics (when you analyze or study something to find out information about it), genre (a type of story like drama, comedy, science fiction, horror, romance, or nonfiction), subtitle (words on the TV show or theater screen that show you what another person is speaking).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.