Canada Plane Crash – level 2
There was a crash at the Kamloops Airport in British Columbia, Canada. Two aerobatic jets performed stunts for people, and one of the jets crashed.
The jet caught fire shortly after it took off. One of the pilots ejected before the jet hit the front garden of a house in Kamloops. People ran outside, and they tried to stop the fire. The pilot ended up in hospital; however, doctors said that his injuries were not serious. The second pilot died.
The Royal Canadian Air Forces help make people happy during the coronavirus pandemic. In the past two weeks, they were flying across the country and performing stunts for the public.
Difficult words: aerobatic jet (a plane that performs tricks for sports or for fun), stunt (a difficult trick that a lot of people watch), eject (when someone pushes a button and he comes out of a machine).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos