Canada protests – level 1
Truck drivers in Canada protest. They don’t agree with COVID-19 rules. Hundreds of trucks drive in the streets of Ottawa. Ottawa is the capital city. It is on the border with the US.
Trucks are everywhere. Other cars can’t go through the city. Some small businesses must close. People are angry. The trucks are noisy. The air is dirty.
The protests start over two weeks ago. Drivers must give police their fuel. Some drivers are very angry. Police arrest them.
Police don’t have control over the situation. The Canadian government offers help.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.