Canada protests – level 2
Truck drivers in Canada protested against COVID-19 rules and vaccine mandates.
Hundreds of trucks drove in the streets of the capital city of Ottawa, and they blocked the border with the US. Traffic stopped, and many local businesses closed. People who lived in the area complained about too much noise and unhealthy air.
Police seized fuel, so the trucks couldn’t continue to run. Police also arrested several drivers, but some people said that they could be more strict. The protests have been going on for over two weeks, and Canada’s prime minister offered to help the city.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.