Canadian woman has a problem – level 1
This news is from Canada. It is about a woman. She has some problems with her body. She goes to hospital. Doctors tell her that she suffers from stress. They send her away.
The woman gets in her car. The same problems appear again. She cannot feel a part of her face. She cannot move her arm easily. She is having a mini stroke.
The woman goes to a different hospital. Doctors help her there.
Difficult words: suffer (to be in a hard situation and in pain), appear (happen), mini (small), stroke (when blood cannot go to your brain).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you trust doctors?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos