Capital of Indonesia – level 2
Jakarta is Indonesia’s capital, and it is home to more than 10 million people. Indonesia’s planning minister recently said that the Indonesian president decided to move the capital.
Jakarta is on the island of Java, and it is one of the most overcrowded places in the world. The overpopulation is the main reason for the big move.
The planning minister said that the city’s traffic jams cost the economy more than $7 billion a year. Jakarta is also one the world’s fastest sinking cities. One half of it lays below sea level.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.