Car buying problems – level 3
If you want a new or used car right now, you will feel the effect of the much-discussed supply chain issues.
The market for cars and trucks is one of the most impacted due to the pandemic supply problems, and vehicles are one of the largest big ticket items that most people spend their money on.
In the US, the focus has been on used car prices, which increased the most, maintaining roughly a 2% increase in the overall Consumer Price Index. With the increase of the coronavirus Delta variant, many carmakers significantly cut their production, and used car prices rose almost 40%.
Carmakers said that this fall’s production of new vehicles will continue to be constrained by technology chip shortages and the spread of COVID-19 in Southeast Asia.
Difficult words: big ticket (a thing that is expensive to buy, and it requires a financial commitment or time to pay it), Consumer Price Index (a measure of the change in prices over time), constrain (to limit the way something develops or grows).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.