Car Drives Into People – level 2
A car killed a teenager and injured 22 people in New York. The car drove the wrong way into Times Square, mounted the pavement, and drove into people.
The driver then jumped out and started running, but people stopped him. The driver is a 26-year-old American named Richard Rojas. He served in the army and drove drunk before. Officials believe that the incident was not an act of terror.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.