Car is pushed 500 metres – level 1
An accident happens in China. A truck suddenly changes direction. It hits the side of a car. That car is white.
The car stops in front of the truck. The truck driver cannot see it. People wave at the truck. The truck pushes the car 500 metres.
Police say that this is the truck driver’s fault.
Difficult words: suddenly (quickly), direction (way that something moves), fault (mistake).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Have you ever been in a car accident?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.