Car is stolen in 30 seconds – level 2
A security camera filmed a theft at a petrol station in China. The station staff member finished refuelling the black car, and the driver left for the cashier desk. His key was still in the vehicle.
Thirty seconds later, when he came back, the car was gone. A 19-year-old man stole it. Police caught the man four days later while he was at a restaurant. He had parked the stolen car outside.
Difficult words: theft (the crime of stealing), staff (a person or all the people employed somewhere).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.