Car is stolen in 30 seconds – level 3
This CCTV footage from a petrol station in China shows the moment a driver came back to his car to find it had been stolen in only 30 seconds of his absence.
The surveillance video, recorded on October 8th, shows that after a station staff member finished refuelling a black car and the driver left for the cashier desk, the man walked round to the vehicle and quickly drove it away.
The key was still in the vehicle, according to the driver, who was surprised to find his car had gone in just 30 seconds of him leaving it.
A 19-year-old man has been arrested for stealing the car at a petrol station in the southern Chinese city of Chongqing.
The offender was caught four days later when he was at a restaurant with the car parked outside, and the local police said he will be facing a charge of theft.
Difficult words: surveillance (security footage), cashier (where you pay for something), offender (a person who commits an illegal act), theft (the action of crime or stealing).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos