Cardboard Boat – level 1
Can you build a boat from cardboard? You don’t think so? Well, two men from England say that you can!
They take 300 old boxes. They make a boat. They have life jackets, a small outboard, and a flag. They make the flag from bubble wrap. They put the boat into the River Thames. Everything is fine.
Difficult words: cardboard (the strong paper from which boxes are made), outboard (an outboard motor – a machine which moves the boat), bubble wrap (plastic material which is used to cover things for protection).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.