Cash machine stolen with a digger – level 3
This CCTV footage released by police shows the ease with which a gang used a stolen digger to remove a cash machine from a village shop.
The video shows the digger being driven at the front of the Co-Op shop in Sapcote, Leicestershire, shortly after 1am on Wednesday.
The digger can be seen being driven into the cash machine a few times, before it is then pulled from the wall.
CCTV from inside the shop can then be seen being torn apart, as the gang tears open the building.
The machine was then placed in the back of a car and driven away.
The digger was abandoned at the scene.
It’s the fourth similar raid in the county in a matter of weeks, and police have said that there was a strong possibility the incidents were linked.
Difficult words: CCTV footage (security camera video), with ease (easily), tear apart (to pull something into pieces with force), abandoned (to leave something), raid (attack), county (an area of a state or country).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos