Castles for sale – level 2
If you want to become the Queen or the King, you can buy your own castle.
In Scotland, there are about 10 castles for sale every year. Myres Castle is less than an hour’s drive from the capital of Edinburgh and it is near the renowned St. Andrews golfing club. You can buy it for 4.3 million dollars, but you have to count on the fact that every year, you’ll spend at least 10% of the purchase price on maintenance.
The castle has 10 bedrooms, five reception rooms, and 45 acres of land. Some people say that there is a tree which Mary Queen of Scots planted herself.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What other expenses should potential buyers consider when purchasing a castle?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.