Cat Festival in Tokyo – level 2
A cat festival happened in Tokyo in an area which is famous for its love of cats. People painted their faces, wore masks, or just put on cat ears, and paraded through the streets.
A Japanese designer organised the festival. She said that she wanted to celebrate Halloween, autumn and cats all in one parade. The festival was a hit. People put a lot of work into their costumes.
Japan is a country that loves cats. It introduced cat cafés and Hello Kitty to the world. There’s even enough love for stray cats in Tokyo.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.