Cat is sold with a house – level 1
Two people from Australia want to sell their house. Somebody wants to buy it for 2.2 million dollars.
However, this person wants the couple’s cat, too. Without the cat, the person will pay $140,000 less for the house.
The couple says “yes”. They sell the house with the cat.
Difficult words: sell (give to somebody for money), couple (two people who live together).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Would you sell your cat for $140,000?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.