Cat saves a boy – level 2
People viewed a video on the internet more than 20 million times. It showed a dog who attacked a boy on a bike. The dog bit the boy on his leg and dragged him off of his bike.
Luckily, there was a cat which saved the boy. Her name was Tara and she launched on the dog and made it go away.
People loved the cat and they hailed her a hero. The cat started a minor baseball league on Tuesday. Many people came just to see the cat.
Difficult words: drag (pull), launch (jump quickly), hail (call), start (the cat began the baseball game by “throwing” the baseball).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do your pets protect you?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos