Cat saves a boy – level 3
The cat that was hailed a hero after this video of her saving a young boy from a dog attack has thrown the first pitch at a baseball game.
Tara, the California cat, threw a ceremonial pitch at the start of a minor league baseball game on Tuesday. Well, kind of. Four-year-old Jeremy was viciously bitten on the leg and dragged off his bike by a dog last week before Tara lunged to save him. Jeremy threw the first pitch of the game before handing the ball to his cat.
Fearless tabby Tara drew a large crowd of “hero cat” fans to the stadium with attendance nearly triple that of a usual Tuesday night game.
The clip of the daring rescue, uploaded by Jeremy’s dad last week, shows a dog dragging him from his bike, just as Tara ran to the rescue and chased it away. The video has now been viewed more than 20 million times.
Difficult words: hail (call), viciously (cruelly), drag (pull), lunge (start moving quickly), tabby (cat with light and dark lines), triple (three times), daring (risky).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write them in the comments.
- Chat in our Facebook Group for 2 minutes. You can write about today’s news.