Cats at G20 – level 3
Security is at the forefront of the agenda at this year’s G20 summit, but this particular security breach was unexpected, to say the least. Three cats, to be exact, roaming the stage before the event started.
Of the world leaders attending the summit, could one of them have lost their cat? It can’t be David Cameron, Vladimir Putin or Barack Obama – they all have dogs. Maybe they’re one of President Erdogan’s precious pets?
We’ll probably never know, but the public can rest easy, as the kittens were safely escorted off the stage before the world leaders gathered.
What we can say is Justin Trudeau and Dilma Rousseff appear not to have a cat allergy, so perhaps they are the mystery owners!
Difficult words: forefront (the most important position), agenda (a list of things to be discussed), summit (an important meeting), breach (breaking), roam (to move about), attend (to be present at), gather (to come together).
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.