Celebrity beauty brands – level 2
It is not Rihanna’s singing that made her one of the richest singers ever, it is her makeup company Fenty Beauty. According to Forbes, the company’s worth was 2.8 billion dollars in 2021.
Many celebrities and influencers tried to copy Rihanna’s success. The beauty industry seemed tempting because women used these products every day. More than 50 celebrities launched their cosmetic, haircare, or skincare brands in the last three years, including singer lady Gaga and tennis star Naomi Osaka. But none of them reached the same success as Rihanna did.
Since the pandemic stopped, women became more interested in skincare than makeup. There are also many product reviews on social media, so they can easily find out the quality of products.
Difficult words: worth (for how much money can you sell something), tempting (so attractive or interesting that you want to have it), product review (someone’s opinion about or experience with a product).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What trends do you foresee in the beauty industry in the next three years?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos