Ceres Has Ice – level 2
Dwarf planet Ceres is in the asteroid belt. Scientists say that it has ice, which is very important for life to exist. The surface of Ceres has hydrogen which means that there might be a lot of water.
Ceres is made up of about 10% water compared to nearby Vesta, which is the second largest object in the asteroid belt.
Difficult words: dwarf (small), surface (the outside part of something), hydrogen (a gas that relates to water).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.