Ceres Has Ice – level 3
There is a dwarf planet called Ceres, and according to scientists, it has ice. Ice is an essential ingredient for life to exist.
Also, the upper surface of Ceres is rich with hydrogen, and with a high concentration of hydrogen at greater altitudes, it suggests that water is plentiful.
Ceres is in the asteroid belt and is made up of about 10% water compared to nearby Vesta, the second largest object in the asteroid belt.
Difficult words: dwarf (tiny), essential (important), hydrogen (a gas that relates to water), plentiful (a lot of something).
You can watch the video news lower on this page.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos