Chanel’s Karl Lagerfeld – level 2
Karl Lagerfeld was born in 1933, and he worked for Chanel as the creative director for 36 years. He was a fashion icon. He always wore similar clothing – a shirt, suit, tie and black glasses. This became his typical look.
Last month, he missed Chanel’s culture show. He was not well and recently he died. He was 85.
Difficult words: creative director (the most important person in the company; he made new clothes, told other people what to do), icon (a person who is respected), look noun (the way he dresses – what he wears).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos