Change in Deutsche Bank – level 2
Deutsche Bank is going to cut one fifth of its international workforce in the next three years. That is around 18,000 jobs. By 2022, the company plans to have 74,000 employees.
Deutsche Bank is doing this to make more money. However, the restructuring is going to cost something. The bank expects a loss of about $3.14 billion for this year’s second quarter.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.