Charlie Sheen – level 1
Charlie Sheen is a Hollywood actor. People know him from “Two and a Half Men”. “Two and a Half Men” is a TV comedy series.
Sheen is very famous, and he makes a lot of money. However, he has a problem with drugs. He also drinks too much alcohol, and he has sex with prostitutes. Because of this, his boss fires him from the TV series.
Now, people also say that he has AIDS. Sheen says that it is true. He says that he has AIDS.
Difficult words: TV series (a number of short films on TV), prostitute (a woman who has sex with you if you give her money), fire (when your boss fires you, you must stop working).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Charlie Sheen?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.