Charlie Sheen – level 2
Charlie Sheen is a Hollywood actor who became famous in the 1980s, but people know him best for his role on a TV comedy series called “Two and a Half Men”. This role made him the highest paid actor on TV.
However, people fired Sheen in 2011 for doing too much drugs, having sex with prostitutes, and drinking too much alcohol. Also, the media started to speculate about his health weeks ago.
In a TV interview, the actor admitted that he has AIDS. He first found out four years ago, but he needed time to absorb the bad news.
Difficult words: speculate (to try to figure out if something is true), admit (to say that something is true), absorb (to think about).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Charlie Sheen?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos