Cheaper Smartphones – level 1
It seems that people use smartphones longer than in the past. It is not good news for companies. Companies want to make money. They must find new ways on how to sell more smartphones.
The best way is to reduce prices. The iPhone 11 is the bestselling smartphone of the first half of 2020. People buy 10.8 million phones more than the iPhone XR. The iPhone XR is the bestselling smartphone in 2019.
How can companies reduce prices of new smartphones? New smartphones have fewer parts. This saves work and materials. Also, the 5G network is hope for companies. People will want new smartphones when 5G starts.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the questions under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.