Chemicals on the bottom of the sea – level 2
Scientists say they found 25,000 barrels which have DDT inside. The barrels were threw away into the sea near California many years ago.
The scientists were very surprised when they found these barrels. They mapped a big area of seafloor. It was in a region with high levels of DDT in the sediments.
People think that the barrels were thrown into the water during the Second World War.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.