Chewbacca Actor of ‘Star Wars’ – level 2
Actor Peter Mayhew died at age 74. He was the original Chewbacca in the ‘Star Wars’ films.
Mayhew was about 221 centimetres tall. He had a genetic disorder which caused him to grow so much. It helped him play the iconic role in three of the ‘Star Wars’ films.
His family wrote of his death on Twitter and wrote that ‘he put his heart and soul in the role’ and that his ‘Star Wars’ family meant a lot to him. Another ‘Star Wars’ actor also wrote on Twitter that he was ‘a big man with an even bigger heart’.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.