Children and Screens – level 1
The World Health Organisation sends out new guidelines. The guidelines are for children’s parents. The guidelines say what many parents already know.
The guidelines say that children should move more. They should sit less. Children should get enough sleep. Children between 1 to 4 years old should move three hours a day or more. Babies younger than 1 year old should move some times of the day, too.
Children between 2 to 4 years old should not watch an electronic screen more than one hour a day. Children younger than 2 years old should not look at electronic screens at all.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.