Children’s bad teeth – level 1
This news is from the UK. Children have bad teeth there. They eat a lot of processed food. They also drink sweet drinks. All of this is very bad for their teeth.
Sometimes, a child’s teeth are very bad. Then the dentist must take the teeth out. Over one year in the UK, dentists took out the teeth of 14,000 children. This costs a lot of money. It is bad for the children. They are going to have problems with their teeth for life.
Doctors say that parents must have more information. They must know what is good and what is bad for their children.
Difficult words: processed food (food made in the factory, not fresh food).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos