Children’s bad teeth – level 2
A dentist in the UK had to take out all of the baby teeth from a two-year-old child because the teeth were rotten. Unfortunately, that child is not the only one with such problems.
It is a whole generation of children in the UK. In one year, dentists had to remove teeth from as many as 14,000 children aged 5 and under. This cost the National Health Service a lot of money and removing baby teeth leads to more problems later in a child’s life.
The reason for the children’s rotten teeth is unhealthy food. The children are eating too much processed food and drinking fizzy drinks with a lot of sugar in them.
Doctors say that the parents need more information, so they know not what to give their children.
Difficult words: rotten (bad), processed food (food made in the factory, not fresh food), fizzy (with bubbles of gas).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.