Children’s social app – level 1
Parents in the United Arab Emirates, US, and the UK can use a special app. This app finds friends for their children.
The app is called Play:Date. It is for children up to 12 years old. Parents make profiles for their children. They write information about language, age, or hobbies. The app finds children with similar hobbies. Some parents say that it is the only chance to meet people with similar hobbies.
3,500 people pay for using the app. They get money for things and services. They can share stories and memories about their children.
Difficult words: profile (information about a person), age (how old a person is), memory (what someone will remember).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos