Children’s social app – level 2
In 2017, the app Play: Date started. Thanks to it, parents can find friends for their children who are up to 12 years old.
Parents can make online profiles for their children and write many details about them. For example, some details are language, hobbies, and other activities. Then children with similar hobbies can meet and play together. Users can share stories and connect with people who they wouldn’t normally meet.
The app has more than 3,500 subscribers, and it connects families in the UAE, the US, and the UK.
The app makes money when it offers free vouchers for things and services from partner companies.
Difficult words: subscriber (someone who pays money to receive something regularly in the future), voucher (a piece of paper which someone can use to pay for a particular thing or service), partner company (a company that works with another company).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What features does the app Play: Date offer to help parents connect their children with others and how does the app make money?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.