China gaming rules – level 1
China makes new rules for video games. These rules stop people from spending too much money.
Big game companies like Tencent and NetEase lose a lot of money because of these rules. The rules say that games cannot give gifts for logging in or spending money. Investors worry. The companies lose almost 80 billion dollars. Tencent is one of the big companies. They do not need to change a lot and they follow the rules.
The rules also say that games can only let players spend some amount of money. Some rules may help the game industry. It will be easier to approve new games.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are some examples of rules in China's video game industry that may help or hinder the growth of the industry?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.