China graphite exports – level 1
China will need special permission to send some graphite products to other countries. The reason is to keep its people and things safe.
This is a surprise. It seems that China wants to have control over special minerals that we use for many things. China is the biggest maker and seller of these minerals. Companies need these minerals for things like electric car batteries. China’s new rule happens while many other countries are telling Chinese companies to follow rules in their businesses. The European Union may make Chinese cars more expensive because of tariffs on electric cars from China.
Also, the US government is telling Chinese companies that they cannot use special computer parts anymore. The US President Joe Biden talks about these important rocks in Washington with EU leaders.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What are the implications of China's new policy and the US and EU's response for the global graphite industry?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.