China’s Naval Parade – level 1
The Chinese navy is 70 years old. There is a parade. China shows off its newest submarines and ships. China’s President Xi Jinping wants China to have a powerful navy.
China creates new planes, too. China has a new ship. It can carry a plane. It is not at the parade. People test it at sea.
Difficult words: navy (the soldiers and machines which fight at sea), parade (a celebration, a show), create (make, build).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos