China’s pig farms – level 1
To produce pigs in China is very expensive. It costs about two and a half times more than in the US.
Why is producing pigs so expensive? China buys feed for pigs from other countries. It costs a lot of money. Also, many diseases are on Chinese pig farms.
Chinese farmers think that genetics can help them. They will produce bigger pigs. They will eat less. One female pig will have more babies.
One hundred pig farms are in a special program. The program is not easy. Chinese farmers know very little about genetics. They don’t know how to get the right information. Dutch pig farmers help them.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.