China’s slowing economy – level 2
In China’s current economic difficulties, the United States and other G7 nations are starting to see big problems which could make the West stronger compared to China.
China is becoming weaker geopolitically. Officials from Washington, Rome, Tokyo, and other capitals, who mostly talked anonymously to reporters, believe that the global movement of money is changing quickly.
In the past, it looked like China would surpass the United States one day and become the world’s top economic power, but now, things are different. Washington and other places thinking about how to handle the situation when China’s economy will slow down.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What strategies do G7 nations need to employ in order to take advantage of China's economic difficulties?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.