China’s visa-free policy – level 1
China has new rules for travelers. They start on December 1. These rules should help tourism.
Officials will make travel easier. People from some countries do not need visas anymore. Officials will change the rules if it is necessary. In the first three days of December, 7,000 visitors from France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, and Malaysia come to China. Daily tourist numbers from these places go up by 39% compared to the end of November. This helps China’s tourism after COVID-19.
The government wants to improve its global image. Many people have negative views of China. The new rule is good news for Germany. China says that the rules will change for more EU countries in the future.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What impact might the new visa rules have on China's tourism industry and global image among countries like Germany and France?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.