China’s visa-free policy – level 2
China’s new visa-free travel policy came into effect on December 1. So far, it seems that it positively impacted tourism.
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs plans to adjust visa policies to make traveling to and from China even easier. In the first three days of December, about 7,000 travelers from France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Spain, and Malaysia entered China. Daily average tourist numbers from these countries increased by 39%, compared to the last day of November.
China wants to give new energy to its tourism sector after COVID-19. A recent survey found that 24 countries had negative ideas about China, so another reason for the visa-free policy is to improve China’s reputation in the world.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What is the reason behind China's new visa-free policy and what impact has it had on tourism so far?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.