Chinese baby companies have problems – level 1
In China, fewer children are born every year. This starts in 1980 when the government says that people can only have one child. Now, companies which make things for kids are having problems.
In 2021, the government says that families can have three children. But people do not want them. Companies start clothes for adults and pets instead of products for babies.
Experts believe that sales of these companies will go down in the next few years. People who like certain brands worry that the companies will end. Experts say that baby companies will have a hard time in the future.
Difficult words: pet (an animal which people keep at home, for example, a cat or dog), sale (how much a company sells), brand (the name for products of one company).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What strategies do experts suggest for companies to stay viable in the future given these changes?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos