Chinese Embassy in India – level 2
In 1950, China occupied Tibet, and 9 years later, there was an uprising against China. China suppressed the uprising, which took place on 10th March.
The 10th March is remembered by people as the Tibetan National Uprising Day. Ahead of the day, protesters tried to enter the Chinese embassy in New Delhi, India.
China says that Tibet has always been part of its country, but Tibetans say that Tibet was free from China until the occupation.
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.