Chinese man looks like Obama – level 1
This news is about a Chinese man. His name is Xiao. He looks like Barack Obama. He can impersonate Obama, too.
Xiao’s English is bad. When he impersonates Obama, he mixes real English and fake English. People do not understand him, but he sounds like Obama.
Xiao is an actor. He plays a gangster in a comedy film. You can see this film next summer.
Difficult words: impersonate (to say and do things like a famous person for fun), fake (not real), gangster (criminal).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about Xiao?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.