Chinese man tries to steal – level 1
A man wants to steal money. He is from China. He is 29 years old. He waits in front of a bank. A van arrives. It is a van for the bank. There is money in it.
Two people get out of the van. One of them has a bag. It is full of money. The robber attacks them. He shoots one man in the leg. He sprays petrol in the face of the other man.
The robber takes the bag. It is very heavy. The man tries to put it on his motorbike, but another man from the van shoots him. Police come and take him to the police station.
Difficult words: van (a vehicle that is a long car), arrive (to get somewhere), robber (a person who steals something).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think of this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.