Chinese wine – level 1
Chinese wine is becoming popular. Many Chinese people drink it. They say that Chinese red wine is as good as wine from Spain or France.
In the past, the situation is different. Chinese wine is not good. Chinese winemakers use old technologies. The grapes are not very good, also.
Ian Dai is 33 years old. He is a winemaker. His winery is near Mongolia. Very good grapes grow there.
Dai uses natural fermentation. The process changes sugar into alcohol. Dai believes that wine tastes better when the process is from nature. His business is successful.
Now people change their ideas about Chinese wine. Chinese winemakers want to make the best wine. It seems that it will happen.
Difficult words: technology (the machines and ways that people make something), winery (a factory where people make wine), natural fermentation (a process from nature to help something change and taste better).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.