Chocolate Expert – level 2
Cadbury is a famous British chocolate brand, and recently it insured the taste buds of one of its scientists for 1 million pounds.
The scientist works as part of a 300-strong team of inventors in the innovation kitchen in Birmingham. The company says that her expert taste buds are very important for making sure that all of Cadbury’s new creations meet their highest standards.
The scientist must protect her taste buds. For example, she must not eat the fugu fish or some chilli peppers. On the other hand, she gets paid to taste chocolate.
Difficult words: insure (if you insure something, you get money if something bad happens to it), taste buds (the nerve endings on the tongue which provide the sense of taste), creation (something which you create – make).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like chocolate?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.