Chocolate news – level 1
Scientists carry out a study. They study people who eat chocolate, and they study people who do not eat chocolate. What do they find out?
People who eat chocolate are healthier! Chocolate helps their hearts.
Dark chocolate is good for you. It has antioxidants. Antioxidants help you. They slow down ageing.
Difficult words: carry out (to do), find out (to learn), ageing (the process of getting older and older).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
Do you like chocolate?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos