Chocolate Putin – level 2
For a chocolate festival in St Petersburg, a man made a chocolate statue of Vladimir Putin. He needed around 70 kilograms of chocolate to make the life-size sculpture.
Unfortunately, the Russian President was too busy to sit for the sculpture – the artist had to study photos of Putin instead.
The leader wasn’t alone – the sculptor also made a life-size model of the president’s late dog, Connie.
The festival organisers are offering the statue to its model. So maybe, Putin will eat his chocolate self.
Difficult words: statue = sculpture (a 3D model of something), sculptor (somebody who makes sculptures), late (dead).
You can read the original story and watch the video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this chocolate statue?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos