Chocolate Thomas the Tank Engine – level 1
In England, master chocolatiers make something special for Easter. They make a big chocolate Thomas the Tank Engine. It takes them 250 hours. The replica is 140 kilogrammes heavy.
Thomas comes to a train station in London. Children and adults are happy to see him. A ‘Fat Controller’ also comes. He gives out chocolate eggs.
Difficult words: master chocolatier (a person who is very good at making chocolate), replica (a copy), Fat Controller (the person who runs the trains in the ‘Thomas the Tank Engine’ books).
You can watch the original video in the Level 3 section.
What do you think about this news?
LEARN 3000 WORDS with NEWS IN LEVELS
News in Levels is designed to teach you 3000 words in English. Please follow the instructions
How to improve your English with News in Levels:
- Do the test at Test Languages.
- Go to your level. Go to Level 1 if you know 1-1000 words. Go to Level 2 if you know 1000-2000 words. Go to Level 3 if you know 2000-3000 words.
- Read two news articles every day.
- Read the news articles from the day before and check if you remember all new words.
- Listen to the news from today and read the text at the same time.
- Listen to the news from today without reading the text.
- Answer the question under today’s news and write the answer in the comments.
- Choose one person from the Skype section.
- Talk with this person. You can answer questions from Speak in Levels.
Stock images by Depositphotos